So you’ve booked a session with me, Crystal Lawburgh Photography, and find yourself planning a visit to Greensburg, IN. Greensburg probably isn’t at the top of your Travel Bucket List, I get it. But as a local, I can assure you there really are some charming locations and good eats right in the heart of downtown near my studio. Here are my top 8 recs to visit in the area:
Food & Drink
1. The Branch Gathering Place + Coffee House 113 N Broadway Street
The Branch is a local nonprofit coffee house that serves coffee, tea, and baked goods. Here are a few of my go-to’s:
- Iced Pooh Bear half sweet (Peanut Butter and honey!)
- Iced Branch Mocha half sweet
- Iced Blackberry Mocha half sweet
- Energy bites (they’re a snack must!)
2. Storie’s Restaurant 109 E Main Street
Storie’s is an old diner that’s been family-owned since 1977! It’s a favorite of both locals and visitors. They’re best known for their tenderloins and pie. If you stop by for no other reason, grab some pie to go!
3. Carriage on the Square Smokehouse 117 N Broadway Street
Think all things BBQ: pork, chicken, brisket. But the real cherry on top is their homemade ice cream! A great drop by for clients looking for a family treat.
4. Mayasari Indonesian Grill 213 N Broadway Street
Seriously SO GOOD. Get a taste of authentic Indonesian food. Owned and run by a sweet husband and wife, you won’t want to miss out on Maya’s cooking. You can’t go wrong with their egg rolls or Bihun Gorgeng (rice noodles with chicken), my favorite!
4. Picker’s Paradise 129 N Broadway Street
5. Square Deals 108 E Washington Street
If you’ve got some time to kill or just really enjoy a good antique shop, Picker’s Paradise and Square Deals are both great stops. I frequent them myself for props and finds for the CLP studio.
6. Rebekah Park 115 N Co Rd 80 NE
If you’re in the area during the warmer seasons, Rebekah Park is on the east side of town and has a great playground, splash pad, walking trails, and dog park if your pup is joining you for your session.
7. Decatur Co Park 1650 W Park Road
Decatur Co Park is probably the most well-known park in town with a gorgeous lake, playground, and an old metal bridge.
8. The Greensburg Courthouse Tree 150 Courthouse Square
It seems like every small town has that one thing people come to see, visit, or eat, right? for Greensburg, that “thing” just so happens to be a tree…growing out of the top of the courthouse in the heart of town. If nothing else, drive by and see it for yourself!